Good Samaritan Episcopal Church seeks a communications assistant to work on communications and to assist the many church members and community members who use our facility throughout the week. Our goal is to share the Good News of God’s love for everyone and the living reality of Christ in our lives. This position reports to the Rector (Senior Pastor). The position is for 30 hours a week, Monday through Friday, with medical, dental and vision benefits, vacation and sick leave plans, and matching 403b benefits for the employee.
The main job responsibilities are as follows:
- Maintain church calendar for church members and community partners
- Publicize events on church web site and social media platforms
- Help create and publish a visually engaging email newsletter twice a week
- Act as community liaison and coordinator for church facility users
- Produce liturgy bulletins
- Create and maintain areas of the church website
- Maintain member records in the church database and add new members to the database
- Assist church members and staff with other duties as required.
The communications assistant must be well organized, self-driven and able to work in a collaborative manner.
Skills: Excellent written and oral communications skills. Ability to use web site content management system to work on web site; ability to use Constant Contact, Microsoft Office applications, and similar software. Ability to acquire and alter images for a variety of media uses. Ability to communicate in a warm, friendly and knowledgeable manner with the public on the phone and in person. Familiarity with Episcopal Church traditions and knowledge of Spanish are a plus.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to . We will continue to review applications until the position is filled.
January 4, 2024